The YLCGA was formed in 1900 and was originally called The Yorkshire Ladies' County Golf Club. The following committee and officials were elected:
* President: Her Grace The Duchess of Devonshire
* Captain: Miss F Lister (Headingley)
* Honorary Secretary: Miss K G Moeller (Ilkley)
* Treasurer: Miss N M Haigh (Wakefield)
The colours chosen for the YLCGC were old Yorkshire colours of Lincoln green with a white rose and golf clubs crossing each other. These colours were put on County Hat Bands.
(Photo Yorkshire - English County Champions 1927)
In 1902 the first County Championship for ladies was held at Huddersfield GC playing for the trophy provided by The Yorkshire Union. The first Ladies' Champion of Yorkshire was Miss Bertha Thompson of Beverley GC.
In 1928 a County Association was formed to run separately from the County Club. The LGU at the time wished all County Clubs to be called Associations. Yorkshire protested that their name had been well respected for 28 years and they did not want to change it. However, in 1936 the name was officially changed to Yorkshire Ladies' County Golf Association when the two organisations merged.
Please click on the links below to download the list of Past Presidents, Past Captains, YLCGA County Champions and Honorary Members